From Welsh language lessons to curriculum-linked activity sheets, our education centre invites visitors of all ages and abilities to immerse themselves in their local culture and develop new skills.
Courses and Workshops
Enjoy a range of courses and projects within the castle.
Welsh for Adults
Welsh language lessons take place during term-time between Monday and Thursday. For more information click here.
Heritage Textiles Group
Sewing classes led by renowned local artist, Lisa Hellier, take place every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in Ty Mari. For more information, please contact 01239 615131 or visit this page.
Clwb Telyn y Castell
Clwb Telyn y Castell, run by acclaimed professional harpist Meinir Heulyn, will meet on Saturday mornings every fortnight from September 10 and will culminate in a concert in the castle in December. Please click here to download an application form.
Download our kids’ colouring sheets and curriculum-linked puzzles, to help little ones discover the history of the Castle in a fun and educational way.
Download our education packs
Cardigan Castle can offer your school a variety of fun, interactive and educational activities.
For £3 per child we provide:
- A dedicated space with tables and chairs where children can leave their bags, carry out activities and have their packed lunch.
- Worksheets plus colouring pencils
- Castle quiz plus indoor and outdoor trails
- Hands on look at some of our archaeological finds
- Option of a guided tour by one of our volunteer tour guides (Welsh or English)
- Use of children’s play area
- Dressing up box
Let us know what era you would like our guides to focus on:
- General history of castle from 1110 to present day
- Lord Rhys and the first eisteddfod
- The medieval period
- The Civil War
- The Georgian period
- Victorian times
- World War II
- The restoration of the castle
- The castle gardens
- Archaeology in the castle
Tours can be around the castle grounds and/or Castle Green House.
Please also take a look at our bilingual education packs (Foundation, KS1 and KS2) below
Book your visit direct by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01239 615131