1830’s portrait returns to Castle Green
A portrait of David Davies - who owned Castle Green House in the 1830s - has returned home.
The portrait by Hugh Hughes was painted around 1832-36 and hung in the house until the Davies family sold the property in 1840.
It remained in the family's possession and was found in the 1980s stuffed up a chimney in a house in Aberystwyth.
It was restored with the help of a grant and is on loan from Ceredigion Museum until the autumn.